How to get Certified in AlabamaAs required by the Alabama Veterinary Technician Association, you must earn a diploma or associate degree in veterinary technology before you can obtain an Alabama vet tech license. You must also complete the national licensing exam, which is known as the Veterinary Technician National Exam. An acceptable score on this test will allow you to apply for a license from the Alabama State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners.
Salaries for Veterinary Technicians in AlabamaAccording to Indeed.com, the average salary for vet techs in Alabama is $30,000 per year. This figure is current as of 2014 and is comparable to the overall national average, which was reported by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics as being $30,290 per year in 2012. It is essential to note that salaries can vary depending on such factors as city, employer, experience and credentials. With more people becoming concerned with the health of their pets, careers in veterinary technology have grown in recent years. In fact, the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics expects the field to grow by as much as 30 percent until the year 2022. However, this figure may vary slightly depending on the city you work within and your place of employment. If you love animals and would like to make a career out of working with them, a vet tech position may be perfect for you! There are many terrific benefits to becoming a vet tech in Alabama including great wages, an abundance of emotional rewards and a variety of employment opportunities.
- AVMA/Accredited Vet Tech Schools By State
- United States Bureau of Labor Statistics/Vet Tech Career Outlook
- Indeed.com/Average Salary for Vet Techs in Alabama
- United States Bureau of Labor Statistics/Vet Tech Average Salary Nationwide
- Alabama State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners
- Alabama Veterinary Technician Association/Vet Tech Licensing Requirements
- The American Association of Veterinary State Boards/The Veterinary Technician National Examination
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Veterinary Assistant
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
50 Years of Excellence In Education
Coleman University is a private non-profit teaching university founded in 1963 and located in San Diego, California. Its undergraduate and graduate programs prepare individuals for technology-focused careers and leadership. As San Diego’s oldest school dedicated to information technology, Coleman University has historically educated a large number of the region’s business-technology professionals.