If you live in Connecticut and are thinking about becoming a veterinary technician, you should know that doing so can be very beneficial. In order to ensure that you have success in accomplishing this vocational goal, it is important that you learn about the different vet tech schools and programs available. Educational institutions that offer classes and training that entail the acquisition of certification or degrees can make you a more marketable job candidate when you’re ready to apply for work as a vet tech. By reading the information below, you can gain the basic information regarding vet tech schools that you’ll need in order to excel within your chosen field.
Find Accredited Veterinary Technician Schools in Connecticut
The first thing you need to do once you decide to become a vet tech is to locate a school that has been accredited. This step is very important because many employers will not hire job candidates who have received certification or degrees from schools without accreditation. There are several things you can do to learn whether a school has gained accreditation, including conducting an internet search or checking with the American Veterinary Medical Association.
How to get Certified in Connecticut
Once you locate a vet tech school in Connecticut that is accredited, your next step is to learn as much about the program as possible. Generally, there are several courses you’ll be expected to complete as a student. Some of the subjects will likely include radiology, nursing care (including pre and post-surgical care), client education, and anesthesia. You should also decide whether you would benefit more from online or offline learning options. In many cases, online learning can be more optimal for students who have obligations to work or family because they generally do not require that you be physically present during specific days and times of the week.
Salaries for Veterinary Technicians in Connecticut
According to Indeed.com, the average salary for a vet tech in Connecticut is $34,000. This annual salary is subject to change based on a plethora of factors such as education, expertise, and experience.
If you are thinking about becoming a vet tech, you should know that doing so can bring you personal fulfillment as well as professional satisfaction. By reviewing the information listed above, you can begin making plans to obtain an education so you can work in your field of choice. Good luck!
List of Vet Assisting Programs in Connecticut
There are a variety of vet tech programs in Connecticut. Some of them include:
1. NW Connecticut Community College
2. Purdue University
3. Penn Foster
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
At American Institute, we believe you can become whatever you want to be, and we’re ready to help you get there. We pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality, innovative education to our students that gives them the skills to begin or enhance their careers. We try to help our students meet their goals of changing or enhancing their careers, and also help prospective employers of our graduates in meeting the workforce needs of the 21st century while actively participating in the communities we operate within.
Get hands-on training with Ridley-Lowell Business & Technical Institute. Our campuses in New York and Connecticut can help give you career training in a wide variety of fields, including accounting, cosmetology, criminal justice, electrical systems technology, HVAC, IT, legal assisting, massage therapy, allied health, office administration, and more.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.