Find Accredited Veterinary Technician Schools in Los Angeles
Quite a few colleges provide accredited vet tech programs in the Los Angeles area. A few of these schools include Los Angeles Pierce College, Mt. San Antonio College, and Platt College. In 2012, each school graduated about 30 students from their veterinary technician programs.
For a larger list of places offering accredited vet tech programs in Los Angeles, and California, click here or visit the American Veterinary Medical Association (AMVA).
How to get Certified in Los Angeles
If you want to become a veterinary technician, you’ll need at least an associate’s degree, although a bachelor’s degree is better for job placement and certification. A basic understanding of anatomy and medicine is needed. Many of the classes you’ll take will include science and math classes.
Once you finish with your education and training, you’ll need to gain accreditation, or at least register, through a licensing body, such as the AVMA. These associations provide continue training and education to keep your certifications current.
Salaries for Veterinary Technicians in Los Angeles
Location and experience play a huge part in salary. The annual mean wage for a certified veterinary technician in California was $36,380, or $17.49 per hour, although top earners could expect upwards of $44,490 a year, or $21.39 per hour. This is relatively the same for Los Angeles, which reported a mean annual salary of $35,000.
Once you graduate, the job outlook is pretty good. U.S. News reports that there are nearly 84,800 jobs for veterinary technicians and only a 2.2 percent unemployment rate in the field. In Los Angeles, the number of positions available is closer to 900, while the unemployment right climbs up slightly to 3 percent.
The good news is that veterinary technician positions are expected to climb much faster than the average rate for other jobs. The Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 30% increase in the next ten years. It’s a healthy career field as the number of vets needed usually rises with the population.
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Veterinary Assistant
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
50 Years of Excellence In Education
Coleman University is a private non-profit teaching university founded in 1963 and located in San Diego, California. Its undergraduate and graduate programs prepare individuals for technology-focused careers and leadership. As San Diego’s oldest school dedicated to information technology, Coleman University has historically educated a large number of the region’s business-technology professionals.
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!