Find Accredited Veterinary Technician Schools In Philadelphia
If you love animals and are considering becoming a veterinary technician, you’ll want to find a good school. The full list of vet tech schools accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) can be found at their website. Among the several accredited schools in Pennsylvania, you’ll find Harcum College and Manor College, both fully accredited and both located near Philadelphia. Harcum in located in Bryn Mawr, and Manor College is located in Jenkintown on a farm campus.
How to get Certified in Philadelphia
Different states issue different kinds of credentials for veterinary technicians. In Pennsylvania, the credential is called certification. To become certified in Pennsylvania, you are required to graduate from a vet tech program accredited by the AVMA, and then pass the national exam for veterinary technicians. The state board has deemed that vet techs in the state of Pennsylvania must complete 16 hours of continuing education per two years in order to renew their certification.
Salaries for Veterinary Technicians in Philadelphia
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median salary for a veterinary technician was a little over $30,000 in the year 2012. That shows a modest increase in average salaries over the past several years. However, the average salary for a veterinary technician working in the Philadelphia area is $42, 270, nearly $12,000 above the national median. Veterinary technicians jobs tend to pay less than other, comparable jobs in health care, such as physical therapy assistants or mental health counselors. The best bets for well-paying jobs as a vet technician are to find jobs in metropolitan areas.
Although salaries are modest, the demand for good veterinary technicians remains high. The Department of Labor indicates that job growth will be strong in this field for the next decade, perhaps as high as a 36 percent job growth rate. Though most vet technicians are employed in animal hospitals or clinics, others find work in places like wildlife sanctuaries, zoos, aquariums or kennels. Philadelphia is one of the most likely places to find a job as a vet technician in Pennsylvania. You can check the AVMA’s Veterinary Career Center by state to find current job openings.
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood Career Institute focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Public Health - 100% online
- Learn about controlling infectious disease, improving healthcare access, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
Veterinary Technology Classes Pennsylvania
|Harcum College||750 Montgomery Ave.|
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010-3476
|Johnson College||3427 N. Main Ave.|
Scranton, PA 18508
|Lehigh Carbon & Northampton Community Colleges||3835 Green Pond Rd.|
Bethlehem, PA 18020
|Manor College||700 Fox Chase Road|
Jenkintown, PA 19046
|The Vet Tech Institute||125 Seventh Street|
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
|Sanford-Brown Institute||421 7th Avenue|
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
|Wilson College||1015 Philadelphia Ave.|
Chambersburg, PA 17201