How to get Certified in ArizonaIn order to become a working vet tech in Arizona, you must graduate from an accredited training program. The American Veterinary Medical Association oversees all veterinary schools and programs, so you should check that your chosen school carries AVMA accreditation before enrolling. In addition to passing all of your classes, you must also pass both the national and state certification exam. The nationwide exam, known as the VTNE, and the Arizona-wide exam are typically held twice per year, both at the end of summer and at the end of the calendar year. However, test-takers must apply to sit the exam a few months in advance. Upon receiving results of a ‘pass’, you will be qualified to begin work as a vet tech in the state of Arizona.
Salaries for Veterinary Technicians in ArizonaIn Arizona, the mean salary for a veterinary technician was $28,710 in 2013. The mean hourly pay was $13.80. By contrast, the mean annual wage for vet techs throughout the United States was $31,760 the same year. The mean hourly wage, throughout the US, was $15.27. The highest paid regions in Arizona for vet techs are on the eastern side of the state, where mean wages range from 30k to 33k annually. By contrast, Tucson and Flagstaff are among the lowest-paid areas, with annual salaries averaging between 23k and 28k. Between 2012 and 20122, vet tech employment is expected to grow by 30 percent countrywide, which the Bureau of Labor Statistics calls “much faster than average.” However, an increasing graduation rate from vet tech schools is expected to create greater job competition in coming years. Arizona has relatively many veterinary technicians, with one of the highest employment quotients in the nation in the Phoenix-Mesa-Glendale region. The employment quotient refers to the total number of vet techs in the area. In addition, Prescott has one of the highest concentrations of vet techs of any metropolitan area, when population is taken into account.
Your success is our priority. For more than 40 years, we have dedicated ourselves to healthcare education because we want you to become the best healthcare professional possible. Our instructors and staff are dedicated to providing you with the in-demand, hands-on education employers expect so that you may thrive in your profession. Pima Medical Institute started changing lives in 1972 when Richard Luebke Sr. and his wife, JoAnn, brought to life their dream of providing students with a quality medical career education.
- Certificate - Veterinary Assistant
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in CollegeAmerica is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.