Find Accredited Veterinary Technician Schools in GeorgiaGeorgia has numerous schools that offer veterinary technician programs that have been accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA). These offer classes that will be necessary for on-the-job training, as well as passing the Georgia Board required certification examination. These schools are
- Athens Technical College- Athens, GA
- Fort Valley State University- Fort Valley, GA
- Gwinnett Technical College- Lawrenceville, GA
- Ogeechee Technical College- Statesboro, GA
- Southwest Georgia Technical College- Thomasville, GA
How to get Certified in GeorgiaIt is not hard for someone to become a certified veterinary technician in Georgia. There are two ways in which someone applying to the Georgia Licensing Board can obtain certification.
1.) Graduate from an AVMA accredited program and pass the Georgia board certification examination.
2.) Complete a Georgia board approved course or study in the care of animals and pass the Georgia board certification examination.
A graduate of any of the AVMA approved schools listed above only needs to pass the certification examination in order to be fully certified.
Salaries for Veterinary Technicians in GeorgiaThe salary of a certified veterinary technician in Georgia ranges anywhere from $19,000 to $47,000. As with any state, the larger metropolitan areas are where the highest paying jobs are located. In Atlanta or Augusta, for instance, the pay is quite a bit higher than in Macon or Milledgeville. On average, however, a certified veterinary technician will make anywhere from $27,000 to $33,000. This has been the average reported salary and is a narrower range than the state-wide estimate. There are currently over a thousand veterinary technician positions available for Georgia. Most of these are in the larger cities, which is where the long-term outlook is also the highest. Veterinary technicians will always be in demand in Georgia, and the outlook is very good for those who are willing to live and work in the big cities.
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.