Find Accredited Veterinary Technician Schools in HawaiiVeterinary technology programs in Hawaii allow students to train in a way that can be used both in Hawaii and around the country. In fact, despite Hawaii’s small size it actually has two accredited veterinary technology schools.
The first program is through Windward Community College, where students can earn an Associates degree in veterinary science. In addition, the school offers a four-year degree program for even greater advancement.
San Juan College also offers training programs where students can learn skills they can use as a veterinary technician. At the school, animal anatomy and basic skills are taught. In addition, students will get to work in the lab and care for real animals before getting a job.
How to get Certified in HawaiiAlthough Hawaii is small and isolated on its own island, there is actually a Hawaii State Association of Veterinary Technicians. This organization determines standards that all practitioners will need to follow in order to treat animals in the state. To obtain a license, the first step is to successfully complete a program that is been accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association. The state does not require that students pass a state exam, but there is still a national certification exam. Once both these requirements have been met, individuals will be free to practice in the state of Hawaii.
Salaries for Veterinary Technicians in HawaiiThe average veterinary technician in the state of Hawaii earns $31,450 per year. When broken down to an hourly rate, this comes out to about $15.12 per hour. In fact, the top 10 percent earn a relatively high $37,930 per year for being veterinary technicians. This means that there is plenty of room for advancement for ambitious practitioners in the state. The outlook for veterinary technicians in Hawaii is relatively positive because there is a scarcity of existing practitioners. With the state being far away from the mainland, practitioners willing to take the journey to the state will have more profitable prospects. In addition, students will be able to train online and through the schools in the state to get even more training. For this reason, there is plenty of opportunity to move up when working as a certified veterinary technician in Hawaii.
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.