Find Accredited Veterinary Technician Schools in Houston
If you love animals and are looking for a career that you can attain with a two-year degree, consider becoming a certified veterinary technician. These professionals help care for animals under the supervision of veterinarians. Read on to learn more about vet tech schools in Houston, TX.
How to get Certified in HoustonIn Houston, veterinary techs are licensed by the Texas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners (TBVME). To be eligible for a license, you must first graduate from a vet tech program that is accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association and that held accreditation at the time that you graduated. Upon graduating, you must pass the Veterinary Technician National Exam with a score of at least 75 percent. When these conditions are met, you may apply for a license through the Texas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners. The fee is $70.
Salaries for Certified Veterinary Technicians in HoustonThe state of Texas as a whole pays certified vet techs an average salary ranging between $24,430 and $28,890, below the national average salary of $30,290 per year. However, vet techs in Houston are paid a median salary of $28,010 or $13.47 an hour, toward the top of that range.
The job outlook for veterinary techs in Houston is quite good–according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, it’s the metropolitan area with more vet techs than anywhere else in the country. The profession as a whole is expected to grow by 30 percent over the next 10 years, much faster than the growth of other professions. 25,000 new jobs are projected to be created by 2022.
In addition to the accredited program in Houston, you can find other accredited programs in Texas online at the AVMA website, https://www.avma.org/ProfessionalDevelopment/Education/Accreditation/Programs/Pages/vettech-programs-all-programs-list.aspx.
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Our programs are focused and centered on empowering you with the skills you need to enter the expanding and rewarding Health Care Industry. Learn only what you need to gain employment in your particular field, so you can get certified and enter the job market faster.
REACH HIGHER, GET HIRED
Take the step to get a new career today
SPARK SUCCESS WITH SCI
Southern Careers Institute has maintained a tradition of career training for over 50 years in Texas with campuses in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio & Online courses available to anyone, anywhere.
At SCI, we have made it our mission to provide our students with the training they need to be successful in a new career. We offer career training in Medical, Business, Skilled Trades, Cosmetology, & Technology programs. These certification-based programs are designed to make our graduates some of the most marketable job candidates.
We are Texas born, Texas proud.
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Join GCU's Colangelo College of Business and start down the path to a successful business career.
- Bachelor's and master's degrees that help prepare students to be business leaders.
- Leading-edge degrees that address the demands of contemporary business environments.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- Committed to providing students a values-based education centered on Christian principles
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
Veterinary Technology Classes Texas
|Blinn College||PO Box 6030||http://www.blinn.edu/|
|Cedar Valley College||3030 N. Dallas Ave.|
Lancaster, TX 75134
|Lone Star College – Formerly Tomball College||30555 Tomball Pkwy.|
Tomball, TX 77375-4036
|McLennan Community College||1400 College Drive|
Waco, TX 76708
|Midland College||3600 N. Garfield|
Midland, TX 79705
|Palo Alto College||1400 W. Villaret Blvd.|
San Antonio, TX 78224-2499
|Sanford Brown College-Austin||9001 IH 35 N, Suite 105|
Austin, TX 78753
|The Vet Tech Institute of Houston||4669 Southwest Freeway, Suite 100|
Houston, TX 77027
|Vista College||4620 50th Street, Suite 14|
Lubbock, TX 79414