Find Accredited Veterinary Technician Schools in IdahoVeterinary technicians in Idaho are required to complete training programs approved by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA). Vet tech training programs are usually offered as 2-year veterinary technology associate degree programs. As part of the training the student completes veterinary medicine courses and an internship at an animal clinic or hospital. Students also learn the administrative side of being a vet technician.
The school or program must be accredited by the AVMA or approved by the Idaho Board of Veterinary Medicine in order for the technician to be eligible for certification. According to the AVMA, there are four accredited veterinary technology schools in Idaho.
How to get Certified in IdahoVeterinary technicians must be licensed to work in Idaho. To be eligible for licensure, the candidate must complete an accredited training program, pass the Veterinary Technician National Examination and have a score of at least ninety percent on the Idaho Veterinary Technician Jurisprudence Examination. Additionally, the vet technician must be at least 18 years old.
Once all requirements have been met, the individual can apply for licensure as a certified veterinary technician through the board. To maintain certification, the vet tech must complete 14 hours of AVMA-accredited continuing education courses every two years.
Salaries for Veterinary Technicians in IdahoVeterinary technicians in Idaho earned a mean annual wage of $28,890 as of May 2013, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). Work experience, level of training and location can all affect a vet technician’s earnings. Vet technicians working in Idaho Falls earned $26,229 as of July 2014, according to Salary.com. Those working in Boise earned $27,091, and those in Twin Falls earned $23,733. Earnings in these cities are all below the national average for this occupation. The job outlook for vet technicians in Idaho is very good with employment growing at a much faster-than-average pace. The BLS predicted vet technicians could see an employment growth of 30% during the decade of 2012-2022. The outlook for this career can also vary by place of employment.
Vet technicians working in rural areas are expected to see the best employment opportunities. Certified vet technicians may work in veterinary clinics, animal hospitals, research facilities and humane societies. As veterinarians continue to give more responsibilities to their technicians, the demand for vet techs will continue to grow.
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.