Find Accredited Veterinary Technician Schools in IllinoisWhile there are many schools offering a curriculum for veterinary technicians, prospects must be careful and choose schools that are accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association. Degrees and certificates from non-accredited schools are not sufficient to qualify for licensing and many job opportunities. Here are a few of the most popular accredited Vet Tech programs in Illinois.
- Joliet Junior College (Joliet, Illinois) – This school offers an Associate’s of Applied Science (AAS) degree. It is a two-year program that focuses on administering of medication, radiology, nursing care of animals and record keeping.
- Fox College Inc (Bedford Park) – The school offers an AAS degree. This program is shorter than most at 18 months. Students will be exposed to techniques in radiology, dentistry, lab work and nursing.
- Parkland College (Champaign, Illinois) – The school provides a AAS in Veterinary Technology. Students will be exposed to medical and diagnosis procedures for both domestic and exotic animals.
- Sanford Brown College (Hillside, Illinois) – The school’s AAS degree is a two-year program that focuses on both the medical and psychological aspects of animal welfare.
How to get Certified in IllinoisIn Illinois, Vet Techs are required to be licensed by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. In order to secure licensing, prospects must meet three criteria.
- Obtain a minimum of a AAS degree in Veterinary Technology from a school accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Take and pass the Veterinary Technician National Examination.
- Renew the license every two years with a continuing education requirement.
Salaries for Veterinary Technicians in IllinoisAccording to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median wages for a Vet Tech in Illinois is $33,000 per year, with a mean wage of almost $31,000. The median wage is about 10% above the national average. The great news for Vet Tech prospects across the country is that the job outlook is quite promising over the next 10 years. Citing the BLS, the field is expected to expand by 30% within this time-frame. A large part of this is expansion is due to the advent of new technologies that require more specialized training and classes.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Public Health (MPH)
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- And more...
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students -- their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential -- that's why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That's the Harrison Difference.
- Healthcare Management
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Master of Public Health
- BS in Public Health
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Health Services Administration
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
- Master of Public Health Online
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education