How to get Certified in IndianaBoth the International Business College and Purdue University programs have current accreditation with the American Veterinarian Medical Association. Indiana requires accreditation with the American Veterinary Medical Association headquartered in Schaumburg, Ill., for appropriate veterinarian technician training. The AVMA sends representatives to schools on a routine basis to verify that students are taught by knowledgeable teachers with a variety of methods, including classroom lectures, laboratory studies and on-site practical learning. The state of Indiana Board of Medical Examiners in Indianapolis checks each applicant’s educational documents carefully to ensure all criteria such as lecture hours and practicums are completed with a passing grade. Applicants must also have an acceptable score on the Veterinary Technology National Examination that is administered by the American Association of Veterinary State Boards located in Kansas City, Mo.
Salaries for Veterinary Technicians in IndianaThe Bureau of Labor Statistics within the U.S. Department of Labor reports that the average yearly salary of veterinary technicians with certification in Indiana is approximately $35,000 in 2014. This leads to an hourly wage of approximately $16 an hour for this medical or health care occupation. Veterinary technicians also receive an assortment of benefits that usually include medical insurance and vacation pay. A veterinary technician is often required to work round-the-clock hours that include nights, weekends and holidays. Many veterinarian practices require technicians to have on call hours to assist with emergencies when an animal has an injury or illness. With more individuals owning pets such as dogs or cats, the demand for licensed veterinarian technicians is growing in Indiana. The demand for qualified veterinarian technicians is expected to increase through 2020. Most veterinarian technicians work in private practices or clinics caring for family pets. However, the demand for veterinarian technicians with training in caring for farm animals, including horses and pigs is increasing. Occasionally, veterinarian technicians also work at zoos or sanctuaries to provide medical care for exotic or wild animals.
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students -- their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential -- that's why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That's the Harrison Difference.
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.