Find Accredited Veterinary Technician Schools in IowaDes Moines Area Community College offers several programs for veterinary technicians. At this campus, students will be able to learn techniques to help them with assisting veterinarians.
Iowa Lakes Community College is located in Estherville and offers training in applied veterinary science. In this program, students can expect to prepare for work in a clinic by learning important medical terminology and applied science for treating animals.
Iowa Western Community College offers a wide variety of training programs where candidates can learn how to treat both domestic animals and exotic animals at zoos. Students will learn medical terminology as well as advanced science like anesthesiology and pharmacology.
How to get Certified in IowaGoverned by the Iowa Board of Veterinary Medicine, a set of standards have been imposed in the state to ensure that every practitioner is adequately prepared to practice. As a prerequisite, all practitioners are required to first complete a training program at an accredited institution. Afterward, they will need to pass a state certification exam. In addition, all candidates must pass the national exam that is governed by the American Veterinary Medicine Association. Once these steps have been completed, certified practitioners will now be free to go find a job.
Salaries for Veterinary Technicians in IowaIowa was one of the highest paying states in terms of annual salary for certified veterinary technicians. The average employee earns approximately $31,140 per year. With just 780 certified veterinary technicians in the state, these individuals are in high demand. Since the top 10 percent of veterinary technicians earn $44,680 per year, there is plenty of room for advancement. When broken down to an average hourly wage, certified veterinary technicians earn about $14.97 per hour. This is relatively high compared to other states around the country and certainly provides a living wage. The job outlook for veterinary technicians in Iowa is generally positive. With the low supply of certified technicians, this shortage will lead to higher demand for years to come. With plenty of accredited institutions to seek additional training, practitioners will find it easier to work their way up in the field. With proper training, today’s entry-level technicians could eventually own their own practice or work their way up to becoming a veterinarian. Since these possibilities will continue to exist long into the future, certified practitioners can look forward to years of success in the decades to come.
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- We're now Non-Profit.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.