Find Accredited Veterinary Technician Schools in KentuckyOne of the first steps students interested in pursuing a career as a veterinary technician should take is to find an accredited veterinary technician school to attend. Ensuring that the school is accredited is very important, and some of the factors that the AVMA will consider to determine whether a school is granted accreditation will include curriculum, finances, staff, and students. Kentucky residents have a plethora of accredited vet tech programs to select from, and they include:
How to get Certified in KentuckyIndividuals who wish to attain their license to practice as a veterinary technician must attend an accredited school with a training program that lasts for two years. Other requirements you’ll need to meet in order to become a veterinary technician include completing an application that will require your passport photograph, secured job opportunity with one of the state’s licensed veterinarians, an admission letter from the dean, and demonstrated proof that one has passed the veterinary technician national examination. Do note that the application to become a veterinary technician can be downloaded online. Ultimately, Kentucky’s licensing process requires three things: a diploma received from an accredited veterinary technician program, passing the VTNE, and being employed by a licensed veterinarian in the state of Kentucky.
Salaries for Veterinary Technicians in KentuckyKentucky veterinary technicians can expect to bring home an average annual income of $25,000. However, this rate of pay is subject to change based on factors including location, area of expertise, and level of education. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that career opportunities for veterinary technicians is projected to grow by 30% between the years of 2012 and 2022. At this point, Kentucky has 1,220 techs working within the state, and this number will likely rise in years to come. The areas with the highest rate of employment for vet techs in Kentucky include Lexington (340) and Louisville (380). Kentucky residents who opt to become vet techs will have a variety of job options and different places where they can choose to work, including labs, humane societies, wildlife facilities, zoos, and animal hospitals.
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
Veterinary Technology Campuses in Kentucky
|Brown Mackie College||309 Buttermilk Pike, Fort Mitchell, KY 41017||brownmackie.edu|
|Morehead State University||150 University Blvd, Morehead, KY 40351||moreheadstate.edu|
|Murray State University||102 Curris Center, Murray, KY 42071||murraystate.edu|