Find Accredited Veterinary Technician Schools in LouisianaBaton Rouge Community College teaches veterinary technicians applied sciences. The school is accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association to train students to become certified technicians. As an applied program, it will teach students real skills they will need when practicing veterinary science.
Delgado Community College is conveniently located in New Orleans and has a wide range facilities to ensure that practitioners are adequately trained. In addition to becoming accredited, students will get the opportunity to practice their training in labs and animal care centers.
Northshore Technical College is an accredited institution that teaches practitioners of veterinary science what they need to know to succeed in the real world. At the school, students will get hands-on experience treating real animals before going out and finding a job. With many schools today neglecting these important experiences, the school can give students a leg up over other candidates.
How to get Certified in LouisianaThe Louisiana Board of Veterinary Medicine mandates certain requirements for practitioners to be licensed in the state. Before getting started, prospective practitioners will first need to successfully complete a program from a certified institution. Afterwards, both the state and national certification exam will need to be passed. In addition, practitioners will need to be over the age of 18.
Salaries for Veterinary Technicians in LouisianaSalaries for certified veterinary technicians are fairly high in the state of Louisiana. The average practitioner currently earns about $25,810 per year with an hourly wage of about $12.41. The top 10 percent of practitioners make $34,170 while the bottom 10 percent make just $19,130 per year. For ambitious job candidates, there is also plenty of room to advance to higher levels within the profession. In Louisiana, there are just 1100 certified veterinary technicians practicing in the state. This means there is plenty of opportunity in the coming years for new technicians who acquire specialized skills in treating animals. With thousands of veterinary hospitals throughout the state and around the country, there are plenty of opportunities to find a job. Therefore, the job outlook for veterinary technicians in Louisiana is very bright.
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Public Health - 100% online
- Learn about controlling infectious disease, improving healthcare access, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.