Find Accredited Veterinary Technician Schools in MaineThe accredited on-campus educational opportunity in the state of Maine for an Associate degree as a Veterinary Technician only exists at the University of Maine Augusta- Bangor campus. This program has the required accreditation from the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities (CVTEA). Course study includes classes in animal handling and care, radiology, anatomy and physiology, and more. For some specific courses, such as ultrasound, arrangements need to be made to obtain these courses at the University of Maine, Orno campus. Tuition and fees start at $217 per credit hour for Maine residents in addition to other fees per course, credit hour, etc. There are eight accredited distance-learning programs available to obtain an Associate degree for Veterinary Technician. However, if taking classes on-line, the completion of a certification or degree on-line is not possible as to requirements for training in a accredited and approved clinical setting.
How to get Certified in MaineUpon completion of the Veterinary Technician course, graduates must apply to the American Association of Veterinary State Boards (AAVSB) to take the required Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE). Having passed this examination, the next step is to apply for a license to the State of Maine Board of Veterinary Medicine for a professional license.
Salaries for Veterinary Technicians in MaineWithin Maine, salaries vary from city to city and type of employment. Potential employment is available at zoos, diagnostic laboratories, wildlife preservations, animal laboratories, and drug manufacturers, with an average salary of $38,000 per year, according to AlliedHealthWorld.com. However, depending on hours, schedule, over-time, holiday pay, and potential bonuses, pay can range from $9.00 per hour to $29.25 with bonus potential between $99.00 and $2,000 for a Certified Veterinary Technician. Salary for a Registered Veterinary Technician can range between $10.75 to $30.50 with over-time and bonus between $75.00 and $2,000 (http://www.healthcare-salaries.com/technicians/veterinary-technician-salary). Salary potential, as with any field, is dependent on level of education, prior work experience, job duties, location of employment. According to the US Board of Labor and Statistics predicts employment in the field of Veterinary Technicians to expand 30% to 36% between 2008 and 2022, nationally.
This impact on a national level will have an effect on the economy and employment availability in Maine. Employment potential is available in both metropolitan and rural areas, in clinical setting, poultry and dairy farms, kennels, shelters, zoos, wildlife refuges, as well as research facilities.
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- We're now Non-Profit.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.