Find Accredited Veterinary Technician Schools in MassachusettsStudents who are interested in this field have an array of options available to them when it comes to finding the best training programs. Massachusetts is home to many accredited vet technician programs. In these programs, students learn how to perform lab tests, perform surgical procedures, administer drugs, collect urine samples, and complete X-rays. Graduates completing the requisite training are ready to obtain licensing and sit for the VTNA exam. Choosing the right school will improve one’s chances of successfully passing the state exam.
How to get Certified in MassachusettsIn order to prepare for a career as a veterinary technician, there are certain training and licensing requirements that must be met. The state of Massachusetts requires completing coursework in a program accredited by the American veterinary Medical Association (AVMA). Once the program is completed, one can apply to take the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE). One cannot sit for the exam if the person does not complete the appropriate training.
Salaries for Veterinary Technicians in MassachusettsA person can expect to make approximately $35,340, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Massachusetts candidates enjoy a salary that is slightly higher than the national average. Throughout the state, veterinary technicians can make anywhere between $30,000 and $38,000. Areas like Barnstable Town have an average salary of $37,340 while technicians in the Peabody area can expect to earn $31,910. In 2012, there were approximately 2,500 vet techs working in the field. The job outlook for veterinary technician is promising. The demand for veterinary technicians will continue to growth throw 2022. Research indicates that approximately 25,000 new jobs will be added by 2022.
There are numerous job opportunities for aspiring veterinary technicians. With the mean annual wages of approximately $35,340, many technicians can enjoy a good career helping animals. Many of the graduates of the top veterinary technicians can have careers working in animal hospitals, kennels, veterinary clinics, research facilities, stables, farms and zoos.
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- Professional Medical Assistant
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Health Services Administration
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition
- MS in Exercise Science: Community Physical Activity
- Master of Science: Healthcare Administration
- And more...
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
- Master of Public Health Online
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
- Medical Assistant-AS
Veterinary Technology Campuses in Massachusetts
|Becker College||61 Sever St, Worcester, MA 01609||becker.edu|
|Holyoke Community College||303 Homestead Ave, Holyoke, MA 01040||hcc.edu|
|Mount Ida College||777 Dedham St, Newton, MA 02459||
|North Shore Community College||1 Ferncroft Rd, Danvers, MA 01923||northshore.edu|