Find Accredited Veterinary Technician Schools in MinnesotaTo work as a veterinary technician in Minnesota, one must complete a training program accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and pass the Veterinary Technician National Board (VTNB) exam, which is authorized by the American Association of Veterinary State Boards (AAVSB). The training programs include veterinary classes and a field experience to obtain hands-on training.
Students may take courses in animal husbandry, vet anatomy and physiology, clinical labs, animal nursing and diagnostic imaging. Generally, vet tech programs result in the student earning an associate degree in veterinary technology; some students may earn bachelor’s degrees. Students can earn the associate degree in two years and the bachelor’s degree in four years.
There are more than a dozen accredited veterinary tech programs in Minnesota as well some that are offered through distance learning. Students who choose to take their training through distance learning will still need to complete an internship at an actually animal clinic or hospital.
How to get Certified in MinnesotaWhen pursuing a veterinary technician school, it’s important that the program be accredited by the AVMA in order for the student to be eligible for certification. Minnesota does not require that their vet techs obtain licensure or certification. However, to obtain voluntary certification, the individual must show proof that they’ve completed an accredited veterinary technician program and also must pass the VTNB, a computer-based test that’s offered three times a year.
Upon successfully passing the exam, the individual can apply for licensure through the state licensing board. Veterinary technicians or technologists who wish to work in research can obtain certification through the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science, which three levels of certification.
Salaries for Veterinary Technicians in MinnesotaThe U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that veterinary technicians throughout the nation earned a mean annual salary of $31,760 as of May 2013. Veterinary technicians working in Minnesota earned a mean annual wage of $32,800, which is slightly higher than the national average. Factors that may affect earning are certification, place of employment, work experience as vet tech and skill level. Veterinary technicians work in veterinary clinics, animal hospitals, and may work in various capacities such as national disease control, food and animal safety, humane society, public health and research. Vet technicians are predicted to experience excellent employment opportunity, according to the BLS, which stated vet technicians should see an employment growth of 30% between 2012 and 2022.
As of May 2013, there were 2,150 veterinary techs employed in Minnesota. Vet technicians who are certified will generally see the best employment options.
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.