Find Accredited Veterinary Technician Schools in MississippiOnce you determine to pursue a career as a veterinary technician, your next course of action is to find an accredited learning institution to attend. There are three such learning institutions you can attend, and they include:
Hinds Community College
Mississippi State University
Penn Foster (Online School)
How to get Certified in MississippiIn the state of Mississippi, vet techs are required to sit for and pass both a state and national exam. The focus of the state test will be Mississippi laws, whereas the national exam places primacy upon general vet tech skills and knowledge. You can attain information regarding these exams through the American Association of Veterinary State Boards and the Mississippi Board of Veterinary Medicine. The state board offers the public rules and regulations regarding vet techs in MS. Mississippi students who are preparing to become vets should know that attending a school that has attained AVMA accreditation is important. The AVMA conducts thorough program evaluations to determine whether a learning institution will be granted accreditation. Some of the qualifying factors include admissions, curriculum, facilities, and faculty and staff. Additionally, students will need to be able to provide transcripts to the state board.
Salaries for Veterinary Technicians in MississippiCertified veterinary technicians who reside in the state of Mississippi can expect to bring in about $31,000 annually. However, individuals attempting to estimate what their annual income will be should note that there are several factors that can increase or decrease one’s yearly wages. Some of the deciding factors include how much previous experience you have in the field as well as the city in which your job is located. Another factor that can determine how much you earn annually is the extent of your education. If you are interested in qualifying for a raise or a promotion within your company, consider the value of attaining ongoing educational credits. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, jobs for veterinary technicians are expected to grow at a rate of 36% during the 2008-2018 time period. The projected growth rate is attributed to the fact that the number of graduates from 2-year veterinary technology programs won’t be able to meet demands.
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.