Find Accredited Veterinary Technician Schools in New HampshireTo become a veterinary technician and work in New Hampshire, you’ll want to complete an accredited veterinary technology program, which typically offer associate degrees. Look for programs that are accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA). Vet tech training programs provide students with a curriculum of animal medical classes, lab courses and clinical education.
Prior to completing the training, the student completes an internship working in a veterinary clinic or animal hospital under the supervision of a licensed veterinarian. According to the AVMA, there are only two accredited vet technician schools in New Hampshire. The two schools are Great Bay Community College in Portsmouth and the University of New Hampshire in Durham. Both schools offer 2-year veterinary technology associate degree programs.
How to get Certified in New HampshireNew Hampshire is one of a few states that does not regulate their veterinary technicians. Veterinary technicians in New Hampshire are not required to be licensed or certified. Vet technician graduates who wish to obtain voluntary certification can do so by passing the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE), which is administered by the American Association of Veterinary State Boards (AAVSB).
To be eligible to take the VTNE, the candidate must have completed an AVMA-accredited veterinary technician program. Certification is why it’s so important to make sure the school is an accredited or approved school. Although certification is voluntary, many employers prefer to hire certified vet technicians.
Salaries for Veterinary Technicians in New HampshireAccording to a May 2013 report by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), veterinary technicians earned an average annual wage of $30,500. Those in the lowest ten percent earned $21,270 while those in the highest ninety percent earned $44,490. Where the veterinary tech is employed, as well as work experience and skill level, may also play a role in earning potential. Obtaining certification can also improve wages and enhance employment opportunities. Employment of vet technicians nationwide is expected to grow at a much faster-than-average rate. This info comes from the BLS, which predicts that vet technicians would see an employment growth of 30% between 2012 and 2022. Although most vet technicians work in veterinary clinics, some work in humane societies, animal hospitals, research labs and animal control centers. Licensed veterinarians typically do more complex tasks, leaving more of the day-to-day responsibilities to the vet technicians, which continue to keep them in demand.
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.