Find Accredited Veterinary Technician Schools in New MexicoThere are a variety of degrees that can be earned by an individual pursuing a career as a vet technician in New Mexico. Some of the schools that offer classes and programs include the following: Navajo Technical College in Crownpoint; Pima Medical Institute in Albuquerque; Central New Mexico Community College in Albuquerque; San Juan College in Farmington; and Eastern New Mexico University in Roswell. Students can earn their degree within a couple of years and then enter into a lifelong career as a vet tech.
How to get Certified in New MexicoTo become a licensed vet tech in New Mexico, a person has to successfully finish a program that’s been accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities (AVMACVTEA). Upon completion, they have to be certified first through the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS), which is done by passing the Veterinary Technician National examination (VTNE). The VTNE has 225 questions of basic knowledge. Once this is passed, a vet tech is eligible to become certified through the New Mexico Veterinary Board by submitting a completed application. To remain certified, a total of eight hours of continuing education requirements must be completed annually.
Salaries for Veterinary Technicians in New MexicoVet techs who have received certification and training can expect their salary to grow over time as they gain experience. Salary is also effected by the degrees or training an individual has achieved, and the following ranges are an estimate of what a vet tech can expect to earn in New Mexico. Those who are just starting out will be in the range of $$9,906 to $21,957, with a median salary of $15,752. In the mid-level, income will be from $13,221 to $29,305, with a median salary of $21,023. The upper level salary is between $16,252 and $36,023, with a median of $25,842. Location also plays a part in the pay rate of a vet tech. Vet tech jobs in New Mexico are expanding and growing and this makes training in this field a worthwhile pursuit. Job growth is expected to continue increasing and certified, licensed practitioners are likely to find employment upon graduation. The job market for vet techs has been positive for a number of years, and the salary is good in comparison to careers with similar training and experience. The job growth rate is expected to be about 34 percent.
Your success is our priority. For more than 40 years, we have dedicated ourselves to healthcare education because we want you to become the best healthcare professional possible. Our instructors and staff are dedicated to providing you with the in-demand, hands-on education employers expect so that you may thrive in your profession. Pima Medical Institute started changing lives in 1972 when Richard Luebke Sr. and his wife, JoAnn, brought to life their dream of providing students with a quality medical career education.
- Certificate - Veterinary Assistant
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.