Find Accredited Veterinary Technician Schools in New YorkVeterinary technicians work behind the scenes and in front of patients. If you love the idea of working with animals but aren’t crazy about the amount of schooling required for veterinarians, you might find yourself drawn to the idea of working as a tech. An accredited veterinary technician school in New York will provide you with training and experience, and you may even work in an animal hospital or a similar setting as you complete the program.
How to get Certified in New YorkVet techs in NY often draw blood, perform tests on animals and make those animals feel more comfortable throughout the process. You might work with dogs and cats on a regular basis, but you’ll also work with some more unique pets, including snakes, reptiles and even rabbits. As a student, you can attend a two-year or four-year program that culminates with a degree, or you can take a shorter certification program. Many employers now prefer technicians with degrees, but some independent vets will still hire those with a certificate.
Salaries for Veterinary Technicians in New YorkAs a technician working in NY, you’ll have access to some of the highest paying jobs in the country. While the average salary for veterinary technicians in the United States is around $21,000, NY techs make more than $37,000 a year on average, and the higher paid technicians can make as much as $41,000 a year. If employers living in your area offer veterinary jobs with an hourly salary, you might make more than $17 an hour. Animal hospitals, veterinary clinics and independent vets offer both hourly and annual salaried positions.
Get hands-on training with Ridley-Lowell Business & Technical Institute. Our campuses in New York and Connecticut can help give you career training in a wide variety of fields, including accounting, cosmetology, criminal justice, electrical systems technology, HVAC, IT, legal assisting, massage therapy, allied health, office administration, and more.
- Medical Assistant - Day
- Medical Assistant - Eve
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Health Sciences - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Master of Public Health
- MS in Health Education
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Health Services Administration
Veterinary Technology Classes New York
|Alfred State College||Alfred, NY 14801||http://www.alfredstate.edu/|
|Genesee Community College||Batavia, NY 14020||http://www.genesee.edu/|
|La Guardia Community College||31-10 Thomson Ave.|
Long Island City, NY 11101
|Medaille College||18 Agassiz Cr.|
Buffalo, NY 14214
|Mercy College||555 Broadway|
Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522
|State University of New York-Canton||34 Cornell Drive|
Canton, NY 13617
|State University of New York-Delhi||156 Farnsworth Hall|
Delhi, NY 13753
|State University of New York-Ulster (Ulster County Community College)||Cottekill Road|
Stone Ridge, NY 12484
|Suffolk Community College||Crooked Hill Rd.|
Brentwood, NY 11717
|Westchester Community College||75 Grassland Road|
Valhalla, NY 10595