Find Accredited Veterinary Technician Schools in OklahomaAll these schools are accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association.
– Murray State College in Tishomingo
Murray is a public community college that offers an Associates of Applied Science degree in Veterinary Technology. It takes about a year and a half to two years to complete. The degree requirements include an externship.
– Tulsa Community College in Tulsa
TCC is a public community college that also has an Associates of Applied Science degree in veterinary technology. The degree usually takes two years to finish. In addition, the school offers a state boards preparation course.
– High Plains Technology Center in Woodward
High Plains is a public technical college that offers a certification in veterinary assistantship. The program will take two years to complete. It includes an internship and a course in veterinary office management.
– Chisholm Trail Technology Center in Omega
Chisholm Trail is a public technical college that offers a diploma as a veterinary assistant. The program takes a year and a half to finish. Chisholm Trail accepts high school students as well as adults into the program.
How to get Certified in OklahomaIn order to become a certified vet tech in Oklahoma, you must be a high school graduate and complete a program accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association. After completion of school, you must pass two separate tests. The first is the Veterinary Technician National Exam and the State Veterinary Technician Exam. Oklahoma requires a score of 70 on both tests. After that, techs must submit credentials for licensure to the Oklahoma State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners. In order to maintain licensure, techs must renew their licenses every year and complete at least 10 hours of continuing education.
Salaries for Veterinary Technicians in OklahomaIn larger cities like Oklahoma City and Tulsa, vet techs can expect a salary of about $26,000 a year. In smaller cities like Lawton, the annual salary is closer to $23,000. In more rural areas, vet techs make about $20,000 per year. As with most jobs, salaries increase with experience. Veterinary technician jobs are expected to grow in the next decade, so job prospects will be very good for certified candidates. The Bureau of Labor Statistics expects an increase in the need for vet techs at about a rate of thirty-six percent over the next ten years.
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Pursue your education with Platt College (Oklahoma). We offer hands-on training programs in the culinary arts, allied health, and nursing fields.
*Programs vary by location.
*High school diploma or GED required.
*Licensed by OBPVS.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.