Find Accredited Veterinary Technician Schools in OregonThere are a number of accredited schools offering vet tech programs in Oregon. They are located all over the state, so there is sure to be one near you. And on the off-chance that there isn’t a conveniently-located school, there are also online programs for veterinary technicians. Students will take classes in animal behavior, animal diseases, and clinical practices. Most programs require an internship as part of the curriculum.
How to get Certified in OregonIn order for a candidate to apply for a vet tech license, he or she must have a degree from an AVMA-accredited Veterinary Technician Schools in Oregon. This is to ensure that the school does its diligence in forming a program that encompasses all the knowledge required to do the job well. Once a candidate has completed the program, they may sit for the Veterinary Technician National Exam, or the NTVE. Upon passing the exam, they can then apply for a license through the Oregon Veterinary Medical Examining Board.
Salaries for Veterinary Technicians in OregonThe average salary for a vet tech in Oregon is $28,000 annually. As a recent graduate, new vet techs may enter the industry at a lower salary, but as they build their experience their salary will grow. Vet techs that are certified tend to make a much higher salary than those who forego certification with on-the-job training. Registered vet techs can make up to $50,000. Fortunately, for those looking to study veterinary technology, there is huge opportunity in the future of the vet tech career. It is predicted that the field is expected to expand by up to 30% over the coming years, adding 25,000 jobs to the veterinary industry. Certified and licensed veterinary technicians can choose to work in a private veterinary office, a zoo, an animal hospital, and many other related facilities. All in all, the job outlook is fantastic for vet techs.
There is a long road ahead for those seeking veterinary technician licensing and certification. However, students should look to their futures to keep them motivated. Soon, they will be working with animals every day and making their lives healthier and happier.
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.