Find Accredited Veterinary Technician Schools in Rhode IslandThe Veterinary Technician Program at New England Institute of Technology (NEIT) is accredited by the American Veterinary Association. This is the only accredited Vet Tech Programs in RI. The vet tech program at NEIT offers courses such as animal anatomy and physiology, animal management, veterinary pharmacology, veterinary imaging, and veterinary anesthesia and surgical nursing. The program offers both classroom and laboratory experiences as well as a practicum experience. NEIT strives to prepare students to be entry level veterinary technicians who communicate well, work as a team, and understand the importance of upholding laws and ethics of the veterinary profession.
How to get Certified in Rhode IslandThere are several steps to becoming a licensed veterinary technician in RI:
-Successfully complete a vet tech program at an accredited school
-Obtain a passing score on the Veterinary Technical National Examination (VTNE)
-Submit an application to The Rhode Island Veterinary Technician Association. This application additionally requires a letter of recommendation and an application fee. Each year, this certification will be reviewed.
Salaries for Veterinary Technicians in Rhode IslandThe national average salary for a veterinary technician ranges from $20,000- $40,000. The average salary in RI is approximately 7% higher than the national average, between $25,000-$29,000. According to USA today, in 2013 pet owners spent over $55.7 billion on their pets. The amount of money pet owners spend taking care of their animals has steadily risen 4-6% over the past decade or so. With this rise, veterinary technician jobs are in demand. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates that the need for vet techs will increase by 30% between 2012 and 2022.
Licensed and trained veterinary technicians have a multitude of employment options. From working in private veterinary clinics or shelters to performing duties in a lab or research facility, becoming a certified veterinary technician allows for flexibility and job choice.
Because RI is such a small state, those who live there have the opportunity to seek employment in surrounding states as well as the commute would often still be manageable. Massachusetts and Connecticut are reasonable areas to include in a job search.
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Get hands-on training with Ridley-Lowell Business & Technical Institute. Our campuses in New York and Connecticut can help give you career training in a wide variety of fields, including accounting, cosmetology, criminal justice, electrical systems technology, HVAC, IT, legal assisting, massage therapy, allied health, office administration, and more.
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.