Find Accredited Veterinary Technician Schools in South CarolinaThroughout the state of South Carolina, there are many available veterinary technician programs. At Tri-County college, job candidates can pursue a degree to learn advanced animal medical care, anesthesia, and veterinary terminology. Located in Pendleton, this school is a great choice for new veterinary technicians seeking training.
Another good option for school is Trident Technical College. Accredited since 2002, job candidates can learn clinical techniques such as pathology and radiology. While these are normally used for humans, today they are even being used on some of the most special animals.
Piedmont Technical College is another great option for training. Here, practitioners can learn animal nutrition, animal breeding, and veterinary pharmacology. By training in these fields, new technicians will have a strong resume that employers will desire.
How to get Certified in South CarolinaTo practice in the state, veterinary technicians must complete a training program through a licensed school. This means that prospective job candidates will first need to earn a degree through an accredited degree program in the state. In addition to earning a degree, prospective job candidates will need to pass the national veterinary exam. After passing this, it is then required that each practitioner pass the state exam as well. Practitioners must also be at least 18 years of age. These requirements are outlined by the South Carolina Association of Veterinary Technicians.
Salaries for Veterinary Technicians in South CarolinaThe average veterinary technician in South Carolina earns about $28,660 per year. The top 10 percent of veterinary technicians make $37,890 while the lowest ten percent make just $18,720. The average hourly pay rate for a technician is about $13.78 per hour. This makes being a certified veterinary technician a lucrative profession that provides a strong career. Additionally, being a veterinary technician can act as a stepping stone to an even high paid career in the future. South Carolina is one of the best states in the country for practicing as a veterinary technician. Currently, there are about 1,230 veterinary technicians employed in the state. Of these, 380 of them work in the greater Charleston area, with Columbia ranking second at 220 technicians. This shows that there is plenty of employment opportunity after graduation for both new and existing technicians. Since there is plenty of opportunity right within the state, individuals won’t need to worry about moving away to find a job.
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.