- Chattanooga State Community College
- Columbia State Community College
- Lincoln Memorial University
- University of Tennessee at Martin
- Volunteer State Community College
Find Accredited Veterinary Technician Schools in TennesseeVeterinary technicians practicing in the state of Tennessee must first complete the following actions:
- Graduating from an accredited Vet Tech program
- Sending a notarized application to the state Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners
- Passing the Veterinary Technician National Examination
- Providing at least one letter of recommendation from a practicing TN veterinarian
- Submitting to a criminal background check through both the FBI and TN Bureau of Investigation
How to get Certified in TennesseeAs in other types of employment, salaries vary according to location, job experience, education and size of the company. According to Indeed.com, the average annual income for a certified vet tech in the state is $27,000. If a student graduated from an accredited Vet Tech program in Tennessee and was open to relocating, then salary range could increase significantly.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported the national median salary in 2012 for vet technologists and technicians as $30,290. This ranged from a low of $21,030 to $44,030. The job outlook for vet techs in Tennessee and throughout the country is excellent right now. Between 2006 to 2016, the number of people leaving the field versus the number entering yields a significant unmet demand for new vet technicians.
Another positive projection by the BLS indicates an expected growth rate of vet tech positions of 29.5 percent between 2012 and 2022.
Employment prospects for animal lovers interested in vet tech positions requiring lab work, radiology, surgery assistance and nursing care are excellent for at least the next decade.
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.