Top Veterinary Technician Campuses in TexasIn order to be a certified veterinary technician, a candidate must graduate with an Associate of Applied Science Degree from an accredited program and pass the Veterinary Technician National Exam that is administered by the American Association of Veterinary State Boards. The programs are typically two-year programs that prepare the student for assisting with care of animals of all sizes with courses in areas of pharmacology, clinical studies, laboratory procedures, and large animal assistance, including equine. General Education classes such as English, Math or Algebra, Communication, and Biology are required in addition to the courses specific to the veterinary field.
Salaries for Veterinary Technicians in TexasAccording to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the average annual salary of a veterinary technician in Texas for 2012 was $28,160, with a national average of $31,470. The BLS also projects a nation-wide growth in jobs of 29.5% from 2012 to 2022.
List of Veterinary Programs in TexasAssociates of Applied Science Degrees can be pursued at the following accredited institutions that have provisional accreditation, probationary accreditation, or full accreditation.
» Blinn College, Bryan, Texas. Provisional Accreditation
» Cedar Valley College, Lancaster, Texas, On-campus program, Full Accreditation
» Cedar Valley College, Lancaster, Texas, Distance-Learnings, Probationary Accreditation
» Lone Star College, Tomball, Texas, Full Accreditation
» McLennan Community College, Waco, Texas, Full Accreditation
» Palo Alto College, San Antonio, Texas, Full Accreditation
» Sanford Brown College-Austin, Austin, Texas, Provisional Accreditation
» The Vet Tech Institute of Houston, Houston, Texas, Full Accreditation
» Vista College, Lubbock, Texas, Provisional Accreditation
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Our programs are focused and centered on empowering you with the skills you need to enter the expanding and rewarding Health Care Industry. Learn only what you need to gain employment in your particular field, so you can get certified and enter the job market faster.
REACH HIGHER, GET HIRED
Take the step to get a new career today
SPARK SUCCESS WITH SCI
Southern Careers Institute has maintained a tradition of career training for over 50 years in Texas with campuses in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio & Online courses available to anyone, anywhere.
At SCI, we have made it our mission to provide our students with the training they need to be successful in a new career. We offer career training in Medical, Business, Skilled Trades, Cosmetology, & Technology programs. These certification-based programs are designed to make our graduates some of the most marketable job candidates.
We are Texas born, Texas proud.
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
Veterinary Technology Classes Texas
|Blinn College||PO Box 6030||http://www.blinn.edu/|
|Cedar Valley College||3030 N. Dallas Ave.|
Lancaster, TX 75134
|Lone Star College – Formerly Tomball College||30555 Tomball Pkwy.|
Tomball, TX 77375-4036
|McLennan Community College||1400 College Drive|
Waco, TX 76708
|Midland College||3600 N. Garfield|
Midland, TX 79705
|Palo Alto College||1400 W. Villaret Blvd.|
San Antonio, TX 78224-2499
|Sanford Brown College-Austin||9001 IH 35 N, Suite 105|
Austin, TX 78753
|The Vet Tech Institute of Houston||4669 Southwest Freeway, Suite 100|
Houston, TX 77027
|Vista College||4620 50th Street, Suite 14|
Lubbock, TX 79414