Find Accredited Veterinary Technician Schools in VirginiaThe veterinary technician field is highly specialized, and schools offering accredited training packages in Virginia are limited. Northern Virginia Community College (NVCC) and Blue Ridge Community College (BRCC) are the two most well-known schools offering veterinary technician instruction. The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) is the accreditation authority for veterinary technician, assistant and veterinary medical doctor degree programs. Both NVCC and BRCC offer AVMA accredited Associate of Applied Science in Veterinary Technology degrees in full and part-time formats. Students can expect to take classes about animal nursing techniques, radiography and laboratory procedures. The part-time program is offered in a distance learning format for students who currently work in the veterinary field. Those who want to broaden their educational options often enroll in online schools that may offer comprehensive courses and more flexible schedule choices. These students must keep in mind that their course work may not include the more rigorous laboratory and field work exercises prevalent at traditional schools. When choosing any veterinary technician program, students should make sure that the curriculum is accredited by AVMA.
How to get Certified in VirginiaVeterinary technicians in Virginia are required to be licensed to practice their profession, but they are not required to take a certification exam to gain the designation. Veterinary technicians need only fill out the state’s application for a license and acknowledge the state’s regulations that govern the profession to be licensed. The Virginia Board of Veterinary Medicine issues these licenses and regulates professionals in the field of veterinary medicine practicing in the state. Veterinary technicians who were licensed in other states may fill out verification forms that will allow them to practice in Virginia.
Salaries for Veterinary Technicians in VirginiaVeterinary technicians working in Virginia had a median annual salary of $37,330 in 2012 which is about 23 percent higher than the recorded national median salary for the profession. The demand for the job in Virginia is considered high which is the basis for the increase in salary for those practicing the profession in the state. According to statistics gathered from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment outlook for veterinary technicians in Virginia in upcoming years is good. The areas of Norfolk, Virginia Beach and Richmond showed the highest employment numbers, and employment is expected to keep growing in the near future.
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Earn Your Degree at Fortis College. Flexible Scheduling. Apply Now!
The Metropolitan Institute of Health and Technology (MIHT) is dedicated to educating men and women to serve with confidence in the health and technology industry. MIHT provides career training for students to move forward in their chosen field of study, changing their lives for the better. MIHT strives to provide quality education with affordable tuition. Our staff works to determine the best financial options for students on an individualized level.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.