There are three main kinds of accreditation to look for in schools. The first, Initial Accreditation, is what schools have during their first five years of accreditation. Schools with probationary accreditation are still officially accredited. Terminal accreditation means that the school has plans for closure, but on a voluntary basis. Any potential school should be accredited by the AVMA – the American Veterinary Medical Association. Without this seal of approval, the education provided by an institution may not be complete. Students who attend unaccredited veterinary technician schools in Washington may receive subpar training and education.
Find Accredited Veterinary Technician Schools in Washington
To become certified and licensed as a veterinary technician in the state of Washington, students must meet certain requirements. These requirements include graduation from an approved two or four year program that has been accredited by the AVMA, as well as obtaining a passing score on the VTNE – the Veterinary Technician National Exam. This exam is a comprehensive test of the full range of knowledge a student receives during his or her education and covers all aspects of the necessary skills for serving as a practicing veterinarian.
Students in Washington must also pass the Washington State Exam, which deals with the moral duties and responsibilities of a veterinarian, rather than the skills necessary. Once all of these requirements have been met, a veterinary technician is certified to practice openly within the state of Washington.
How to get Certified in Washington
The average salary of a vet tech varies greatly based on their skills, experience, and specialization. The lower end of the scale is just $19,000 per year for RvT Veterinary Technicians, while the highest paid path is that of a Registered Veterinary Technician at $53,000 per year. Salary can also be influenced by the location of the practice, how much business a location sees, and more. Vet techs who wish to make more money may benefit from opening their own practice and taking a more entrepreneurial route.
Salaries for Veterinary Technicians in Washington
Despite the still struggling economy, the job outlook for veterinary technicians is promising. With an expected growth of 36% within the next four years, vet techs can expect to see a large increase in opportunities. Vet techs with more specialized skills will find better job security than those with only a two year degree, as these specializations are far rarer and in demand. As the more experience generation of vet techs reaches retirement age, the field is left open for a new generation to take their place.
In addition, the number of people who own pets is increasing. This means that there is higher demand and need for people skilled in caring for these pets than there has ever been. There are numerous job paths a vet tech can take, from working with a private practice to employment at a zoo. No matter what, this field offers job security that’s hard to find elsewhere.
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.