Find Accredited Veterinary Technician Schools in Wisconsin• The Madison Area Technical College accredited by the Higher Learning Commission offers a two-year Veterinarian Technician Associate Degree. This course is accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and can lead to certification as a veterinary technician.
• The Globe University is accredited by Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) and offers two veterinary programs. The two-year Associate in Veterinary Technology designed for those wishing to work as an assistant to a veterinarian. The four-year Bachelor of Science in Veterinary Technology offers an in-depth study of the technical and managerial side of veterinary medicine. Globe has received their first accreditation from the AVMA and has campuses in many areas of Wisconsin including Eau-Claire and Madison among others.
How to get Certified in WisconsinVeterinarians in Wisconsin, at least 18 years old, must have graduated from an AVMA accredited school approved by the Wisconsin Veterinary Examining Board. Students should complete a four semester course from an approved school or have been an employee of a licensed Wisconsin veterinarian for at least two years.
Next, students will need to complete the Application for Veterinary Technician form and go on to pass the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE) exam. A board will check the applicable material before granting credentials.
Salaries for Veterinary Technicians in WisconsinThough salaries can vary, the Bureau of Labor Statistics has given a median salary for vet techs of $14.56 per hour or $30,290 annually. However, each salary may vary depending on education, experience and site. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook, the veterinary technologist and technician field is growing at a rate of 30% which is higher than average. This is good news for those entering the vet tech field.
These figures show the potential to add a possible 25,000 more vet techs nationally. Wisconsin currently has over 1700 vet techs working in the state. Those cities boasting the most vet techs are Milwaukee and Madison with around 460 and 450 respectively.
Vet techs have a number of options when it comes to finding employment. Large animal hospitals, private clinics, shelters and kennels are just a few of the opportunities. Wildlife sanctuaries and zoos are other options.
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- We're now Non-Profit.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.