Find Accredited Veterinary Technician Schools in WyomingOnce you decide you want to become a veterinary technician in Wyoming, you must find a school accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA). This is important because accreditation is a requirement for certification and licensure. There is currently only one AVMA-accredited school in Wyoming. Eastern Wyoming College offers an Associate of Applied Science in Veterinary Technology.
Students in the veterinary technology program complete veterinary classes and spend time in labs obtaining hands-on training. The student must also complete a field experience or externship. In addition to taking classes related to veterinary medicine, students also learn the administrative side of being a veterinary tech.
How to get Certified in WyomingLike many other states, Wyoming requires that veterinary technicians be licensed. In order to be eligible for licensure, the candidate must complete a 2-year AVMA-accredited veterinary technology program, which results in an associate degree. Upon completing the training program, the candidate must apply to take the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE), which is administered by the American Association of Veterinary State Boards.
This computer-based test takes four hours to complete. Once the student passes the exam, he or she can register with the state board. In addition to being registered, the technician can obtain voluntary certification by passing a state certification exam through the Wyoming Veterinary Technician Association. Candidates who pass the exam earn the Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT).
Salaries for Veterinary Technicians in WyomingThe salaries earned by certified veterinary technicians in Wyoming vary throughout the state. According to a U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) report, veterinary technicians in Wyoming earned a mean annual wage of $29,530 as of May 2013. These earnings are slightly lower than the national average for vet techs, which the BLS reported as $31,760. The North American Veterinary Technician Association reports that while entry-level vet techs may only earn $20,000 annually, those with experience can earn over $45,000 annually. Graduates of veterinary technician programs have many career opportunities available. While approximately 21% work in veterinary clinics, others may work in animal hospitals, research labs, public service, colleges and animal control centers, stated the National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America (NAVTA).
According to the BLS, vet technicians should see an employment growth of 30% between 2012 and 2022. The NAVTA also states there are 11 areas of specialization that vet techs can choose, which can also improved their employment outlook and wage potential.
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Join GCU's Colangelo College of Business and start down the path to a successful business career.
- Bachelor's and master's degrees that help prepare students to be business leaders.
- Leading-edge degrees that address the demands of contemporary business environments.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- Committed to providing students a values-based education centered on Christian principles
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.