Find Accredited Veterinary Technician Schools in MaineThe accredited on-campus educational opportunity in the state of Maine for an Associate degree as a Veterinary Technician only exists at the University of Maine Augusta- Bangor campus. This program has the required accreditation from the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities (CVTEA). Course study includes classes in animal handling and care, radiology, anatomy and physiology, and more. For some specific courses, such as ultrasound, arrangements need to be made to obtain these courses at the University of Maine, Orno campus. Tuition and fees start at $217 per credit hour for Maine residents in addition to other fees per course, credit hour, etc. There are eight accredited distance-learning programs available to obtain an Associate degree for Veterinary Technician. However, if taking classes on-line, the completion of a certification or degree on-line is not possible as to requirements for training in a accredited and approved clinical setting.
How to get Certified in MaineUpon completion of the Veterinary Technician course, graduates must apply to the American Association of Veterinary State Boards (AAVSB) to take the required Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE). Having passed this examination, the next step is to apply for a license to the State of Maine Board of Veterinary Medicine for a professional license.
Salaries for Veterinary Technicians in MaineWithin Maine, salaries vary from city to city and type of employment. Potential employment is available at zoos, diagnostic laboratories, wildlife preservations, animal laboratories, and drug manufacturers, with an average salary of $38,000 per year, according to AlliedHealthWorld.com. However, depending on hours, schedule, over-time, holiday pay, and potential bonuses, pay can range from $9.00 per hour to $29.25 with bonus potential between $99.00 and $2,000 for a Certified Veterinary Technician. Salary for a Registered Veterinary Technician can range between $10.75 to $30.50 with over-time and bonus between $75.00 and $2,000 (http://www.healthcare-salaries.com/technicians/veterinary-technician-salary). Salary potential, as with any field, is dependent on level of education, prior work experience, job duties, location of employment. According to the US Board of Labor and Statistics predicts employment in the field of Veterinary Technicians to expand 30% to 36% between 2008 and 2022, nationally.
This impact on a national level will have an effect on the economy and employment availability in Maine. Employment potential is available in both metropolitan and rural areas, in clinical setting, poultry and dairy farms, kennels, shelters, zoos, wildlife refuges, as well as research facilities.
Matching School Ads
- Earn your bachelor’s degree, associate degree, or undergraduate certificate online with Penn Foster College.
- Penn Foster College also offers individual courses online that allow you to earn credits toward a degree or learn new skills. Choose from courses in business, education, math & science, and more.
- Nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- The American Council on Education's College Credit Recommendation Service (ACE CREDIT) has evaluated and recommended college credit for many Penn Foster College courses.
- At only $79 per credit, Penn Foster College offers affordable tuition with low monthly payment plans and 0% interest.
- Penn Foster College’s 24/7, on-demand learning platform is easy to use – at home or on the go – and you decide when to start and take your classes.
- Veterinary Assistant
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!