- Chattanooga State Community College
- Columbia State Community College
- Lincoln Memorial University
- University of Tennessee at Martin
- Volunteer State Community College
Find Accredited Veterinary Technician Schools in TennesseeVeterinary technicians practicing in the state of Tennessee must first complete the following actions:
- Graduating from an accredited Vet Tech program
- Sending a notarized application to the state Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners
- Passing the Veterinary Technician National Examination
- Providing at least one letter of recommendation from a practicing TN veterinarian
- Submitting to a criminal background check through both the FBI and TN Bureau of Investigation
How to get Certified in TennesseeAs in other types of employment, salaries vary according to location, job experience, education and size of the company. According to Indeed.com, the average annual income for a certified vet tech in the state is $27,000. If a student graduated from an accredited Vet Tech program in Tennessee and was open to relocating, then salary range could increase significantly.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported the national median salary in 2012 for vet technologists and technicians as $30,290. This ranged from a low of $21,030 to $44,030. The job outlook for vet techs in Tennessee and throughout the country is excellent right now. Between 2006 to 2016, the number of people leaving the field versus the number entering yields a significant unmet demand for new vet technicians.
Another positive projection by the BLS indicates an expected growth rate of vet tech positions of 29.5 percent between 2012 and 2022.
Employment prospects for animal lovers interested in vet tech positions requiring lab work, radiology, surgery assistance and nursing care are excellent for at least the next decade.
Matching School Ads
Get the hands-on training and skills it takes to succeed with Ashworth College, a respected, worldwide leader in distance education. Study at the times and places most convenient for you.
- Veterinary Assisting
- Dog Obedience
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!